Last Updated on September 10, 2023 by Martina McKeough
Wearing the right shoes and slippers is important when you are pregnant as your body and your feet start to change rapidly during those 9 months. This is why I thought it would be important to talk about the most comfortable slippers for pregnancy that will support your feet.
It is well known that you are more likely to experience swollen feet, ankles, and legs as pregnancy progresses. These changes that happen mean that your normal house slippers are no longer going to be adequate for your needs.
Finding good footwear to wear both inside and outside the house can make a difference to your comfort and your foot health. But do you know what you should be wearing as a pregnant woman?
This post may contain affiliate links which means that we get a commission if you choose to make a purchase through the link. This is at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure page for more information.
What Types of Slippers Are Good For Pregnant Ladies?
The best shoes and slippers for pregnancy need to be able to do a number of specific things. These include:
- Offering your feet support.
- Being comfortable so you can walk with ease.
- Being breathable so that your feet don’t sweat.
- Have a low heel to make it easier to walk.
- Have rubber soles to prevent falls.
- Have ample room so that they don’t feel tight when your feet swell.
- As the pregnancy progresses slip-on slippers and shoes may be preferable as they are easy to put on.
Slippers and shoes for pregnancy need a little extra arch support than your normal shoes to offer stability and support your feet as you gain extra weight.
You are also going to want extra comfort so a cushioned footbed or memory foam insole becomes more important.
As your feet swell the best shoes and slippers should also be breathable so your swollen feet don’t feel sweaty. Plus they need to be roomier than normal as the width of your feet and ankles starts to expand. This is why you may need to size up at least a half size from your normal footwear.
All of the following are what I consider to be the most comfortable slippers for pregnancy that I believe can help to make things easier for you as your feet start to change.
Best Slippers For Pregnancy – My Top Pick
I am a big big fan of Vionic shoes and slippers and wear them myself to help with tendonitis and plantar fasciitis so I can speak from experience to say they are a great brand for offering orthopedic footwear.
Whilst some of their slippers might look a little old-fashioned these Nessie slippers are super cute and come in black or toffee.
Whilst these are not the cheapest maternity slippers on the market you are paying for quality and comfort. These have arch support, that deep heel-cup that helps with stability and they also have ball of foot cushioning.
These are great comfortable slippers for pregnancy and have the American Podiatric Medical Association seal of acceptance which means they are great for your foot health.
Also, good news for those of you who are worried about swollen pregnant feet is that these run large which means you should have plenty of room.
What’s Great About These Maternity Shoes/Slippers
- The design is gorgeous and doesn’t make the slippers look frumpy.
- These are endorsed for foot health so you are buying one of the best slippers for your feet.
- They run a little large which is great for pregnancy shoes or slippers.
- They provide arch support and cushioning which is helpful when you are carrying extra weight.
- The slip-on design makes them really easy to wear if you are pregnant.
What to Note
- They are not machine washable.
- Some people find the footbed a little high.
Birkenstock is renowned for making some of the most comfortable shoes, slippers, and sandals on the market and these Boston Shearling Clogs are no exception.
Now are these what you would call traditional slippers? Well no but they are perfect pregnancy shoes as these clogs are perfectly acceptable to wear around the house as well as outside.
These have exactly what you need in comfy shoes. They have a foam-padded and contoured footbed which is exactly what you need if you are looking for support for your feet and ankles.
They are a slip-on style and have a lambskin footbed lining to help keep your feet nice and warm. These slippers also have flat soles made from cork that is renewable which means that this brand cares about sustainability.
Comfortable slippers for pregnancy don’t have to conform to the traditional norms and clog styles with support can work brilliantly.
What’s Great About These Supportive Shoes
- They have a foam-padded footbed to support your feet.
- The food bed is made from sustainable cork.
- These are super cozy with the shearling linking.
- The slip-on style helps them to make my list of the best pregnancy shoes and slippers.
- The brand is known for its quality and is also fashionable.
What To Note
- These are not cheap but you are paying for a quality brand.
- The dye from the black shearling can transfer to your bare feet so buy the plain-colored versions.
Maternity Slippers With Arch Support
These MaIItrip slippers are great for people who don’t just want arch support but who also have other foot problems such as plantar fasciitis. Their footbed includes an arch support as well as a deep heel cup to help minimize foot pain. It also helps to improve posture.
These have a natural cork footbed to make them comfortable to walk on. They also have an outsole that has been designed to stop you from slipping and that stability is important if you are pregnant and want to feel safe as you are moving around the house.
The lining is plush faux fur style so your feet should stay warm when it is cold. They do however have a breathable fleece lining which means that you shouldn’t get sweaty feet when wearing them.
As a plus, you can wear them outside as well which is great if you need to pop out of the house. Their slip-on style makes them easy to put on and off as well so you don’t need to be bending down to put them on your feet. This makes them great pregnancy shoes or slippers.
What I Love About These Slippers
- They offer adequate arch support to keep your feet comfortable.
- They are breathable so no sweaty feet.
- They help with other problems such as heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- You can wear them indoors and outdoors.
- The slip-on style makes them super easy to put on.
- The strap is adjustable so can be moved as your feet swell making these great comfortable slippers for pregnancy.
What To Note
- They run big so you may need to wear socks with them.
- They do not have a memory foam footbed.
These fluffy memory foam slippers are great if you are on a budget and want to find a comfortable maternity slipper at a great price.
These have arch support which means they will help to support your feet and help with stability and comfort.
These slippers are designed to be breathable as well so even though they are a fluffy warm design you won’t be left with wet feet from perspiration.
They have memory foam cushioning and an EVA cushion as well to make your feet that you are walking on clouds. Plus they have an anti-slip rubber sole so you know you are going to feel safe when you are wearing them around the house.
For the price, you can’t go far wrong with these especially if you are only planning to wear them whilst you are pregnant.
What’s Great About These Comfort Slippers?
- The cushioning means that they are always going to feel comfortable as your foot swells during pregnancy.
- These have great arch support to help support your body.
- They are breathable so no sweaty feet.
- The design is great and the price point is excellent.
- They are non-slip so help with stability.
What to Note
- Size up if you are between sizes.
- The fuzzy fabric can shed.
If you wear slippers regularly you’ll know that it can be handy to have a pair that is capable of being worn inside as well as outdoors. This is why these pregnancy shoes serve a dual purpose and make the list of my most comfortable slippers for pregnancy.
Fetching the mail, emptying the bins, or popping outside doesn’t mean you have to switch shoes if you wear these robust slippers. This makes your life a hell of a lot simpler if you are pregnant.
As these have Scotchgard protection you don’t have to worry about getting them dirty as the process helps to minimize stains.
These have a really comfortable EVA sole and Dansko arch technology which can really assist with your foot comfort.
What’s Great About These Indoor/Outdoor Slippers
- They have an EVA sole for comfort.
- There is arch support as well to help stabilize your feet.
- These come with Scotchgard therefore they are less likely to stain.
- The lining on these slippers is designed to help keep your feet warm.
What to Note
- They run small so size up.
- These are relatively expensive for a pair of slippers.
Isotoner are another well-known brand that makes slippers with good arch support. Whilst these are not specifically designed for pregnant women they are great slippers to wear if you want adequate support to alleviate foot pressure.
House shoes for pregnancy need to be all about comfort and support and these have memory foam insoles that help to minimize any impact on your feet and help you feel comfortable.
The EVA arch support adds to this which means you can also get relief from conditions such as plantar fasciitis or tendonitis if you suffer from those.
These are also great slippers for safety as these slip-ons have a rubber sole to stop skidding or slipping.
What’s Great About These House Slippers
- These have excellent EVA arch support to help with plantar fasciitis.
- They have a memory foam insole for comfort.
- These are anti-slip because of their rubber sole.
- A big bonus is that they are machine washable in cold water.
What To Note
- The slipper runs small so definitely size up as pregnant women’s feet can swell.
- The design isn’t as on-trend as some of the other options you can buy.
Best Slippers for Pregnant Feet
I regularly talk about Walk-Hero with regard to ready-made orthotics and insoles but they also do a great range of shoes and slippers.
These Walk-Hero slippers are a very different design to the other pregnancy shoes that are designed to wear at home because of their canvas supper. It would be fair to say that instead of a soft fluffy design for walking around the house these are made for harder use.
In this case, it is the inside of the shoes that has the velvet fabric lining whilst the outside canvas is designed to be used in tougher environments.
These mule slippers do however have that essential arch support design and the cup for heel support. The arch is padded and that helps to take pressure from the ball of your foot making them comfortable slippers for pregnancy.
Plus these comfortable slippers for pregnancy have a warranty that gives you your money back if you are not happy with them so the manufacturers are pretty confident that you’ll be satisfied with what they have created.
Why These Make Great Maternity Shoes
- They are designed by a company that makes orthotics so they are designed for foot health.
- They are padded to relieve foot pressure.
- The outsole is rubber and can be worn indoors and outdoors for short periods.
- There is a money-back guarantee if you don’t like them.
What to Note
- The canvas design won’t appeal to lovers of fluffy slippers.
- Some people believed the shoes were too wide but this might work in your favor if you have swollen feet.
Wearing Flip Flops As Maternity Shoes and Slippers
I’m going to stretch the definition of a house slipper a little further and include flip-flops in my list. This is because if you are pregnant and living in a hot climate slippers may just be too hot to put on your feet.
However, I am not going to include any old pair of flip-flops on my list as most do not offer any form of ankle support or cushioning which means that they are not going to be the best pregnancy shoes.
Instead, think about brands like these FitFlop Lulu Thong Sandals that can have an entirely different design from those that you would see on the beach.
These have a much thicker sole than an ordinary flip-flop and feature ergonomic insoles to reduce impact and absorb any shock. They do this by moving any contact to the midsole and moving pressure from elsewhere.
They also have a rubber soles for safety and as they are open they allow your feet to breathe.
Delivering extraordinary comfort, it not only helps absorb shock but can also diffuse underfoot pressure, by instantly increasing the contact area of the foot to the midsole.
What’s Good About These Flip-Flops
- These are super easy to slip on.
- FitFlops are great house slippers if you live in a climate where it is really warm.
- The technology of the midsole means your feet are supported and conditioned.
- These can be worn both inside and outside of the house.
What To Note
- Be careful of the strap giving your blisters. See my article on how to stop flip flops hurting between your toes.
- Flip Flops are not always enough if you feel you need good ankle support.
Adjustable Pregnancy Slippers
Whilst I’ve talked about lots of different slippers I haven’t mentioned how useful adjustable ones can be. This can be really useful as swollen legs and feet mean that your feet can expand in width making traditional slip-on designs harder to put on if your sizing is off.
The micro-terry slippers have an adjustable velcro closing system which means if your feet get larger you can adjust the front strap accordingly.
To add to the benefits of these particular slippers they have an arch footbed designed by podiatrists. They have memory foam insoles and they are lightweight as well making them easy to wear.
The rubber sole stops you from slipping and they come in a range of different colors and designs.
Oh and you can cold hand wash these if you want to keep them clean and fresh which is a bonus.
If you want to know more about how to stop slippers from smelling make sure you check out my article on the topic to help.
What’s Great About These Slip-Ons?
- The adjustable strap means that you can alter them as your feel expand.
- They are supportive and have memory foam making them great comfortable slippers for pregnancy.
- They are lightweight making them really easy to wear.
- You can cold hand wash them for hygiene.
- Size up as they run small.
Maternity Slippers for The Hospital
RockDove slippers definitely deserve an honorable mention because they are great value for money plus they have lots of features that many other more expensive house slippers have.
These are really non-expensive slippers but you get a lot of bang for your buck.
These have a rubber outsole which has a spiky massager for arch support. They also have memory foam insoles which means they are going to be comfortable.
The waffle knit fabric is breathable so you are going to not experience problems with sweaty feet. Plus the sole is made from rubber enabling you to walk safely.
These are also machine washable which means that they are really super easy to clean which is great when you have been wearing them all day.
What’s To Love About This Brand
- The price point is excellent if you are after a budget slipper
- They are machine washable so they are simple to keep clean and fresh.
- They have a rubber sole which means they can be worn for short periods outside.
- They are breathable so you’ll have sweat-free feet.
- Memory foam will help to keep your feet comfortable.
- They can be noisy on tiled floors.
- The slippers can run large.
Do You Need Slippers For Labour?
If you are planning to attend a hospital to give birth then having a good pair of maternity slippers in your bag is one of your essential items to pack.
Walking or pacing around a hospital room is not something that you will ever want to do in your bare feet if you can avoid it so it makes sense to have a good pair of pregnancy slippers to put on your feet.
Having slip-on slippers means that they are easier to get on and off if you want to lie on a bed or get in a birthing pool.
More Information You Should Know About Slippers
*This site is owned and operated by Chicpedi.com. Chicpedi.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.