If you are suffering from an Achilles injury and are looking for ways to reduce foot pain then you need to research the proper footwear to help mitigate the problem. I’m going to be talking about the best boots for Achilles Tendonitis and what you need to look for if you want to help heal the tendon strain and reduce stress and pressure on your ankle area.
Choosing the right boots and shoes to wear on your feet can help to prevent more damage to the Achilles Tendon and help you to walk more comfortably without worsening your foot pain.
Here’s what you need to know about the problem and what boots you can wear to reduce heel pain and cushion your feet.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that we get a commission if you choose to make a purchase through the link. This is at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure page for more information.
What Boots Are Good For Achilles Tendonitis?
In order to help yourself recover from Achilles Tendonitis you need to take a number of simple steps to help yourself recover from the problem. These include:
Whilst these basic steps can help to reduce swelling and foot pain you want to make sure that you also wear the right footwear to make sure you allow your tendon to heal.
This means choosing shoes and boots that support your feet and reduce pressure on the tendon. Ankle support is important as is good cushioning for comfort. You should also think about wearing orthotics or a heel cup or lift to stabilize the foot and elevate the heel.
Wearing footwear that aggravates Achilles Tendonitis needs to be avoided which means looking at podiatrist-recommended shoes and boots to ensure your foot can improve and not hurt as much whilst walking.
So what are the best boots for Achilles Tendonitis that you could buy to help give you good support and cushioning?
What Are The Best Boots for Achilles Injury?
Whilst Timberland boots might not be the first brand you might think of when looking for the best boots for Achilles Tendonitis but in fact, their design and footwear technology makes them a winner when it comes to supportive footwear.
In particular, the brand has created a footbed that uses anti-fatigue technology in the insoles. This gives extra cushioning to help with shock absorption and is also lightweight to help support your feet.
Their insoles are also incredibly comfortable which reduces foot and heel pain which is great for Achilles Tendonitis problems.
What I Love About These Boots
- They don’t look like orthopedic footwear.
- They have a removable anti-fatigue footbed allowing you to replace it if necessary.
- Part of the lining and material is made from recycled plastic.
- They come with a 12-month warranty if you have any problems.
What You Need to Pay Attention To
- These suit narrow feet.
- The color may not be exactly as shown in the pictures and be slightly darker than expected.
If you have never heard of the MBT brand they are a company that produces rocker bottom footwear to help reduce foot pain.
The rocker bottom of the boot or shoe tends to have a thicker sole than average. It also tends to have a curve to the sole that helps make moving from your heels to your toes a little smoother.
Walking shoes and boots that have this design help to alleviate pressure on the Achilles Tendon and assist with shock absorption.
MBT shoes are very distinctive because of this unique style however many sneaker brands have incorporated similar technology into their products but it appears less noticeable because of design.
How Do These Boots for Achilles Tendonitis Help?
- The curved rocker bottom of the shoes helps with shock absorption.
- The MBT boots design makes walking less harsh on your feet.
- The midsole is made from lightweight IP EVA and that helps with cushioning.
- These boots are also accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association for foot health.
- MBT boots and shoes can help with plantar fasciitis and back pain.
What You Need to Know
- The boots run big so size down around half a size.
- The rocker design isn’t everyone’s favorite style of supportive footwear.
I am a lover of Vionic Shoes and boots because of my own problems with plantar fasciitis and tendonitis. I have found their footwear with a built-in orthotic is brilliant for stabilizing my foot and offering the arch support I need to stop the heel pain.
These Kaufman booties are great boots for Achilles Tendonitis problems as they are a boot/sneaker hybrid that is adjustable to allow you to secure them as you need.
What’s Great About These Boots
- Vionics makes boots specifically to combat foot pain from walking.
- These boots are adjustable for added comfort.
- They have the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance
- They have concealed support in the boots to combat foot problems.
- The sneaker/boot hybrid design is great for active people.
What Could Be Better
- They aren’t formal footwear so might not be suitable for certain situations.
- Some people found them a little narrow or small to wear so size up.
Best Hiking Boots for Achilles Tendonitis
When you are looking for the best boots for Achilles Tendonitis you will of course not just want normal day boots but footwear for a range of activities such as hiking.
Here are some of the best hiking boots for Achilles Tendonitis. As hiking involves being outdoors walking over rough terrain and uneven ground for long hours you are going to need boots that are highly supportive, have excellent traction, and have extra cushioning so that your feet stay comfortable.
Walking long distances with tendonitis can be challenging but with the right walking shoes, it is entirely possible to do without foot and heel pain.
So I’m going to start with a boot that is a little different and is made by the Z-CoiL brand. These use a completely different technology from the norm involving a coil in the heal section to create foot support.
For some of their footwear, the coil is very visible and looks a little strange. With these walking shoes, the coil is hidden inside the heel section of the boot so it isn’t visible.
The boot looks a little clunky but that heel-sprung section can be a godsend to people who need boots or shoes for Achilles Tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, or heel spurs because it protects your foot.
These also have a special built-in orthotic, additional cushioning, a rocker bottom, and a wide toe box. This makes them the ultimate hiking shoes if you have tendonitis pain.
What’s To Love
- That heel-sprung technology can help you walk without foot pain because of the support to your heel.
- The boots reduce the impact of walking which helps with back and leg pain.
- They have a built-in orthotic to prevent problems such as plantar fasciitis.
- The boots have extra cushioning for comfort.
- They use rocker-bottom technology to ease the pressure when you are walking.
What’s Not So Great
- You get what you pay for but the price is hefty.
- The design does look a little clunky and won’t be to everyone’s taste.
- The brand doesn’t do half sizes so size up.
At the other end of the scale, these OrthoComfoot Men’s Hiking boots are at a great price point but have also been built specially to help with foot pain.
These have a waterproof upper and a special orthopedic insole that is removable. This insole has been created to support your arches and relieve problems with tendonitis and other foot problems.
In addition, the boot has a latex metatarsal pad and moisture-wicking lining so that the boot is breathable. This is great if you suffer from sweaty feet and need boots that not only prevent foot pain but keep your feet dry as well.
What Is Great About These Budget Hiking Shoes With Arch Support
- Waterproof uppers and anti-slip design are perfect for hiking.
- The orthopedic insole helps to cushion your foot and provide much-needed arch support.
- The metatarsal pad helps further reduce foot pressure.
- The boots are breathable to prevent sweaty feet.
- The price point is excellent making it a great budget hiking boot for Achilles Tendonitis.
What You Should Note
- The Boots are not made from leather or expensive materials.
- There are very few reviews for the boots but their other footwear has thousands of positive reviews.
Best Work Boots for Achilles Tendonitis
Another important area where you are going to need to think about your footwear is at work. If you have a job that requires you to be on your feet for a good part of the day you are going to need work boots that can deal with Achilles pain.
Nobody should have to suffer from foot discomfort whilst working so choosing the right work boots and shoes for your particular situation is important.
Remember that my recommendations are for generic work boots and not specialist footwear. Think about whether you need specialist boots for safety, oil, chemicals, or electrical work. Each of these areas has different requirements so it is important you look for shoes and boots that can cope with your working conditions.
These RockRooster Roberta Boots caught my eye because of the super stylish design. The best boots for Achilles Tendonitis don’t always have the most up-to-the-minute designs so it is great to find a pair of work boots that looks great but that can also help reduce pain.
These have an arch insole which is anti-fatigue. This can help to support your foot and assist with stability. The arch support insoles also have a deep heel cup which can be really helpful with Achilles Tendinopathy.
The insoles also have extra cushioning for comfort to make standing on them all day easier. Plus if you need to this is a removable footbed meaning if you want to swap to another insole you can.
What Makes These Work BootsFor Achilles Tendonitis Great
- The design means nobody would ever know you are wearing specialist orthopedic boots for foot pain.
- These have a Vibram sole making them resilient to wear and tear.
- These boots work as a safety shoes for electrical hazards.
- The insoles mean you get arch support, a deep heel cup, and comfort.
- You can change to your own custom insoles if you need to.
What You Need to Know
- The extra wide size wasn’t wide enough for some people.
- These are not steel-toe boots but do have a composite toe.
These work boots are another example of a good work boot that helps to increase the comfort level of your feet without looking odd. Carhartt has designed a boot that is hardy enough for tough working conditions but supportive enough to help reduce foot pain and discomfort.
These leather boots have a lining to help get rid of sweat and an EVA midsole which helps with cushioning and comfort.
They also have an insole that has been created to offer superior support and stop foot fatigue which is what you are going to need if you are on your feet all day.
These are also boots that can cope with electrical hazards and you can click the link to see the exact standards to see if they work for your workplace.
What’s Helpful About These Supportive Work Boots
- They have a lining to wick away moisture to prevent sweaty feet.
- The midsole is EVA which helps to keep your feet comfortable.
- The insole is cushioned and designed to stop foot fatigue.
- These are 100% leather and have a rubber sole.
- These can be used as safety boots where there are electrical hazards.
What To Note
- The boots can feel heavy to some people.
- You may need to break these in before wearing them for long periods of time.
Rocker Bottom Boots for Tendonitis
I’ve already talked about rocker bottom shoes and how they have been designed to ease the impact of walking by allowing the heel strike and toe lift to be smoother. Lots of shoes and boots incorporate this technology into their designs now as people are increasingly assessing their footwear for comfort as well as style.
These Gravity Defyer Sneakers aren’t exactly books but they aren’t shoes either so I thought I would include them.
These have been designed to reduce foot stress which is important with Achilles Tendonitis. They also are supplied with orthotics to use if you want arch support and foot alignment.
What Is Great About These Sneakers
- These are designed to help with pain relief and have smart cushioning to help.
- The rocker bottom style design helps to ease walking and prevent wear and tear on your foot.
- They have orthotics supplied with the boots if you want to use them to help with foot alignment.
- These have a flexible instep so aren’t rigid when you are wearing them.
What Needs Improvement
- Size up as some people found them too small.
Achilles Heel Boots Make a Difference
Whilst buying a pair of boots to help with Achilles Tendonitis might limit your choices of footwear your feet will thank you for it.
Achilles Tendonitis can be painful and prevent you from moving freely so finding footwear to help the pain can be a big relief and prevent further damage or inflammation to the tendon.
Yes, you may have less choice of footwear but for your general health and well-being, it makes sense to buy something that will work rather than suffer wearing something that continues to hurt.
Accessories to Help With Heel Support
Whilst wearing the best boots for Achilles Tendonitis can make a difference it’s worth noting that you can also buy a number of accessories to help with Achilles Tendonitis.
Try some of the following items which can also work to help this overuse injury and get your tendon healing.
Many people overlook the fact that heating pads can be really helpful for not just tendonitis but heel pain, muscle strains, and sore joints.
This is such a simple but effective way of using dry therapy in order to alleviate any pain. Just wrap it around your ankle, turn it on and adjust the heat to suit your needs.
It takes 5 seconds to heat up and you can adjust the temperature as you need it. This device is brilliant at promoting blood flow to the area to help you recover more quickly from your injury.
Compression sleeves can be really helpful in alleviating conditions such as tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. Techwear’s version has thousands of positive reviews so they are clearly doing something right.
This is made from a moisture-wicking fabric to help reduce sweaty feet and offer strong compression for pain relief.
These sleeves can help to boost blood circulation and reduce inflammation which can be a big cause of pain and helps to support your foot.
Foot rockers are absolutely great at helping to stretch out your foot, muscles, and tendons. Used regularly these can help to relieve foot pain and improve circulation in your foot which can promote healing.
These foot rockers are great devices as they don’t take up much room and can be easily stored.
Use one regularly to help with tendonitis and other issues such as plantar fasciitis or foot arch pain.
More Articles to Help Foot Pain
*This site is owned and operated by Chicpedi.com. Chicpedi.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.